Suspense, Action, Drama and Horror
scored video clips & audio excerpts:
This section features a short video excerpts from the thirller feature film
Look @ Me.
Music by Darren Wilsey. Distributed by IMF Worldwide Releasing.
© 2005, Darren Wilsey Music (ASCAP). All Rights Reserved.
Look @ Me - movie trailer [video clip]
- Runaway Productions, © 2005
- Original music score written and produced by Darren Wilsey, © 2005
- Starring Elina Madison and Jeff Doba
- Distributed by IFM World Releasing, Inc.
The following excerpt is from FEAR [© 2006], an expansive collection of dramatic and thriller-based composition, written and produced by Darren Wilsey. Despite being a genre specific compilation, there is considerable diversity in terms of orchestration; including pieces for solo piano, cellos, string quartet, woodwind & brass ensemble, and full orchestra; a few tracks on the DVD are dedicated to unearthly sound design. FEAR was produced to deliver sonic quality on par with large-scale film production budgets, and recorded with live musicians, which sadly, has become the exception rather than the rule. However, an obvious fringe benefit is recording film music in this fashion engenders a expressive and poignant quality, and often lacking in the now omnipresent "computer-derived score," and to this charge, I am as guilty as any other hard working composer. In some instances, the live performances were conflated with sophisticated sound design layering, and the resulting aural hybrid was quite often synergistic. Each track was scrutinized, revised and enhanced so to ensure maximum sonic impact. For licensing enquires, please use the contact information provided below.
"Dark Strings" - cinematic orchestral strings that create an eerie mood and build scene tension.
- "Music Box" - reflective solo piano followed by an orchestra of hunting bells.
- Composer: Darren Wilsey (ASCAP)
- Publisher: Darren Wilsey Music (ASCAP)
- CD: FEAR
- Copyright Date: © 2005
- Genre: Cinematic Thriller [orchestral]
- Style: Thriller music that establishes an atmosphere reminiscent of film scores likes Alfred Hitchcock?s Psycho or Stanley Kubrick?s The Shinning. This piece features Stravinsky-like pounding rhythms and haunting string motifs.
KEYWORDS: Thriller, Friday the 13th, Psycho, Stravinsky, Bernard Herrmann, Bela Bartok, Hitchcock, chase, psycho, stalking.
"Ring of Fire" action scene music. I was recently commissioned to compose this piece for a movie trailer.
"Vietnam Daydream" - droning percussion with elements of sound design.
"Abduction" - science fiction theme song (sets a tone comparable to "The X- Files").
- In early 2005 Darren Wilsey composed the musical score for a play that was performed at University of California, Irvine in March called "Mad Forest." (written by Caryl Churchill). The following MP3 is one of several pieces written for the play, and is the music featured during curtain rise for each night's performance.
- Mad Forest - dramatic musical work orchestrated voices and small chamber ensenmbe (solo violin, timpani, and choir)
- © 2005 Darren Wilsey, Darren Wilsey Music (ASCAP). All rights reseverd.